Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Soccer Season

Caleb taking a breather
Noah taking a break between quarters.


Lucas, a goalie, in action!



The fall is exciting for many reasons and one of them, for our family, is soccer season. All of our kids play recreational soccer. We practice twice a week and games on Saturday. It's great exercise for them and an excuse for me to socialize with friends I don't always have time for. By this time of the season, though, I am growing weary of all the going back and forth( remember we live out in the country) and I am ready to have my weekends back. Normally we have 4 kids playing so it makes for a looong Saturday. Lexi was asked to assistant coach an under-8 team (her brother's) so we only had games x's three this year.
Fortunately, we are in the midst of tournament week. Hooray! It's double elimination. Lucas' team won by a landslide - 11 to 0. Being the compassionate woman I am, I felt they needed to stop scoring. My husband says I just don't understand. Noah's team won by three points and he made one of the goals. Excellent beginning games. Caleb was recruited from his team by a "traveling team" a few weeks ago to be a guest player for their tournament. He will be heading out Friday with Scott for an intense tournament weekend a few hours away.


No matter how the scores end up, it has been a fun season. It's almost over and our Saturdays will be our own again.

No comments: