Sunday, October 21, 2007

Wonderful Adopting Moms

When we began to consider adopting from Haiti, I joined an incredible online support group. Most everyone on there is adopting from our orphanage PAC. I was impressed from the beginning by these incredible women. They are so informative and caring. When I decided to go to visit Kaflaure over Mother's Day, there were at least a dozen other moms from the group planning to be there on that day. Some left the day after and some of us planned our stay for the week after. I met some amazing ladies and made some friendships, I believe, that will continue on long after our adoption is final. When we found out about Kaflaure's health issues, many of the women contacted me personally with info or put me in touch with someone they thought could help me. When we lost Kaflaure, I was so impressed with the compassion in all the emails.
One mom I have never met but I speak to her on the phone on a fairly regular basis. She has recently brought her child home but continues to offer her support. When we were waiting on a referral for a baby girl, one of the U.S. moms contacted one of the Canadian moms whom she knew was going to visit her children. She asked her to be on the lookout for our baby while she was visiting. My phone buddy was also there to pick her little boy. She said everytime someone brought a child to the orphanage, she prayed that it might be our baby girl. I'll say it again - these women are INCREDIBLE. There are many I have yet to meet. I can only hope to have the honor of crossing paths with them one day too.

No comments: