Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And Then There Was Rose Carly

Dada and Rose Carly
Rose Carly

After waiting for over 2 months for a baby girl, it finally happened. I received an email from the orphanage facillitator. She said the family that was committed to Rose Carly changed their minds and were we interested? WooHoo! Absolutely yes!!!! Isn't she a doll? We could not be more pleased. I have heard she loves to be held and is very vocal about it. She has the special attention of young Dada who lives with Marie and helps out at the orphanage while going to school. Rose Carly adores her in return. She is the one who named Rose Carly after a french soap star.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Rose is a beauty. I cuddled her a few times during my last visit. It was so funny to hold a chubby baby in Haiti! I will be sure to give her lots of hugs when I am there next month.

Sarah said...

Leanne, I am so happy that the Lord has blessed you with this sweet baby girl! She is just adorable! Do you think you will go down to visit her?

Your blog is wonderful! I love reading it.
-Sarah C.

A Blessed Life said...

Thanks so much Jen and Sarah. I don't plan on going for a visit until time to pick her up so it's comforting to know she will get lots of love from my friends for me.

This Mama said...

She is such a little beauty - I have seen photos of Dada with her and you can tell your little lovey is getting some first rate care & attention.

Ive been enjoying your blog - thanks for sharing your journey this far.

~Mandy

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Beautiful story..thanks for sharing the steps!!

Rose Carly is truly a beauty!!

Aves

Janet said...

Rose is growing!! I can't believe how big she looks since I left. Dada is wonderful with her and takes good care of her. You are a lucky mama!

Janet