Monday, October 22, 2007

My friend, Jenny, has just recently gotten home from Haiti with her little angel Jeff. She gave me my first report about Rose Carly and I have several pictures of her holding my baby girl. When she came home she brought with her a copy of Rose Carly's birth certificate and lab report. I received that in the mail this weekend. I just held that birth certificate to my heart in wonder. I can't really explain how I felt. This piece of paper made her and this adoption seem more real than even the pictures have. I could not read it but it was a very personal part of my new daughter's life. Fortunately, our minister of foreign students is from french speaking Togo, Africa. When I showed it to him at church yesterday he offered to translate it for me. I can hardly wait to get both back in my possession.
My friend Addie just returned from visiting her two angels Loveline and Davidson. When she returned home she called to share her trip. She gave me the sad news that my little one had been very sick during her visit. Being the compassionate person she is, she kept her at the guesthouse with her and bathed her until her fever broke. She cleaned her stuffed up nose the best she could and fed her a bottle. When she took her back to the O Marie was home and she immediately medicated her. I could not be there to take care of my baby girl but it meant so much to me to hear how well she was taken care of in my stead. Thank you Addie for loving my little one and sharing that story.
I know this will not be the last time I mention the wonderful adopting parents from PAC.

No comments: