Sunday, October 28, 2007

Ahhh Sunday

It's Sunday. I am trying to imagine when Rose Carly is thrown into this equation.I hit the floor running if I want to make sure the family gets to Sunday school on time. The five chihuahuas go out first then the kids are encouraged to "rise and shine" as I turn their lights on in their eyes. While I am doing a quick breakfast, the older boys let the chickens out of coop, feed them, and give the goats hay while Lexi takes over the chi's. Noah feeds the cats and the our outside dog. Scott puts his pillow over his head and tries to snatch a few more minutes of sleep in all the commotion. He realizes it is futile and drags himself to shower and then starts ironing his and Noah's clothes. I always plan to give Noah his bath and wash his hair the night before but somehow it usually doesn't happen so I herd him to the bath when I can find it empty. Scott and I fight over the last half hour in our bathroom. It's usually a family competition to see who is the last one ready and making us late. I have to admit it's usually me but I always remind everyone I was up first and had to help everyone else. Today, added pressure - we had an appointment with this terrific photographer we go to church with to do family portraits. Our last family portrait without our Rose Carly I might add. We have a great service and head off to lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant before our appointment. The session went great. I'll add the pics next week since he puts them all on a cd. Finally home. Scott and Lexi head off for naps, Lucas to the tv for football games, Caleb to play around on his electric guitar, and Noah outside to play cowboys with my niece Molly Grace. I of course make a beeline for the computer to check my PAC emails and write in my blog. I try to imagine Rose Carly fitting into this kind of day. It will be more hectic that's for sure... and I can hardly wait.

1 comment:

Susan W. said...

Oh, Leanne!! She is just as cute as you say she is. I can hardly wait for her to come home.