Monday, November 19, 2007

Our Thankful Tree

We started doing this several years ago beginning around November 1st. The tree is made of plain brown paper and the leaves out of construction paper. Every time we think of something we are thankful for we write it on a leaf. I encourage the kids to search beyond the obvious. Whenever we have guests, we ask them to please add to our tree. After Thanksgiving, when taking it down, I go through the leaves and save the most meaningful or sentimental ones for the next year. I place those at the bottom of the trunk like already fallen leaves. It's alot of fun and a reminder to truly be thankful for life's blessings.

2 comments:

Addie said...

What an awesome idea! I will start
the tradition of "Our Thankful Tree" with my family! Thanks for sharing!:)

~Addie

Natalie said...

That's awesome! I want to do it, but I can't see the picture...it isn't showing up, and I need the visual!